Now there must be something wrong with the internet. Facebook is down at the moment and its been like this for the past few minutes! Very hard to digest, but when Google could go down a few times and twitter could max out its capacity to tweet; why would Facebook stay behind!?
Come to think of it, when big guys like them can have downtime, all others can be spared. One shouts his heart out at the provider when his site is down even for a few minutes! But can the big boys can be spared because their service is free? Do they not have our personal and very personal data that could be compromised upon? Forget compromising the information what if all that you have done on such sites gets wiped out, erased! I dont know if it can ever happen, but I am keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for Facebook to show up!
I was pretty happy with my Yashica ‘analog’ camera. Using rolls and getting them developed; not knowing which pictures will be proper and which will not, has always been a fascinating experience. But, I had to admit that limitations had to be put somewhere to the number of snaps taken. Not any more..Two days back, I finally took the step to cross the digital divide! My friend took me to a shop called “Foto Circle” in Chickpet area in Banhalore. He and the shop owner, Jayesh Mehta, a dexterous businessman got me to buy a SONY Cybershot over other brands. I’d prefer SONY myself anyway.
Now, I am not limited by the number of shots but with the capacity of my memory card and ya, battery! This step I particularly took for guess what – blogging! And of course, I have a hidden passion for photography, which I will make public soon! My friends advised me to go in for a Cannon SLR camera, but I thought I’d rather start with a click and shoot digicam and them promote myself to an SLR. Moreover, the SLR requires a lot more time, than I can give to this hobby as of now!
I got myself a Sony Cybershot S700 Digital Camera with 1 GB memory stick duo. I shall review the product here soon. And ya, will start photo blogging from tomorrow!
AyurvedNews.com – our dedicated news portal for Ayurveda has been launched. The news portal will also cover topics such as Yoga, Panchakarma, Meditation, Health tips, Government News, Product Launches, Reviews, Interviews, Ayurveda Company News apart from a host of information on such subjects. Alternate therapy news which have relevance to Ayurveda will also be featured.
Visitors can expect to find a neat and simple interface with facilities for searching, RSS feeds, registration and giving their views and comments on each article. One is also free to submit his/her news, story or even complaints on the site! AyurvedNews.com focuses to bridge the gap between the traditional Ayurvedic companies and the new technology enabled news seeker.
Do feel free to give me feedback on the site and pen down your suggestions here.
Last week, my server was hacked by this crackers child! Don’t know why losers like him have to spoil innocent bloggers websites to convey their irrelevant thoughts. There are better ways to convey his anti-Bush sentiments. Ask any democrat and he’ll tell you!
Anyways for those looking for a cure to heir hacked WordPress installations please Get Cure for Crackers Child here. Basically, this chap / group rewrites all files having the word “index” in them. So, one is simply not able to proceed as all index.php, index.html, index_whatever is overwritten. Thankfully, they are not qualified enough to hack the database, so all the posts, comments, settings, categories etc are safe. Quiet simply, if you replace all the index files, it should work! Or as the link puts it “Basically just delete all your wordpress files (backup things like plugins, themes, smilies etc) and then re-upload all the wordpress files onto your server. this will not delet any posts, comments or pages as these are all stored on your database.” BTW, replacing all the files works for any website & not just those on WordPress. Just keep your database, themes, ads etc settings correct in the replacement files.
Check this out for an interesting read on crackers_child.
Check this for the amount of crap the world has to put up with due to crackers child.
The Guru in me speaketh – Thou shall backup regularly! And if thou gets hands on thy hacker, thou shall use your legs and fists too!
Let me know if you have more on this and permanent cures if any. Vikas Sharma.
Great! That’s the word which comes to my mind when I recall the two days spent at Bangalore Bar Camp 4 held on 28th and 29th of July at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB). It was the first bar camp I attended, though it was the fourth one in Bangalore. Meeting similar bloggers, techies and people from the industry was just fantastic. In fact, I got so attracted to the concept, that on the second day, I took a session for all bloggers on “How to make money from a blog”. I will post more about my session in another post.
The event covered a lot of aspects on the Internet, Startups, Blogging, Programming etc. At one point of time, I was confused as to which seminar to attend! And then there were some of my old friends I bumped into J C Kiran, Madhav from Japan and Karthik! Other fantastic people I remember are Mr. Natrajan from Chennai, Sean, Sanjukta, Thejesh and Arun. Please visit their blogs; real great ideas! Food was good and the IIMB ambience and greenery made me be there longer!
I am waiting for Bangalore Bar Camp 5, where I intend to put in some of my organizing skills to good use!
Being in the web hosting & domain name registration industry, I have been asked this many times over by people from various backgrounds – novice bloggers to seasoned experts. Not because its my business, but due to many good reasons I recommend it. The most prominent advantage & reasons being the following which I will elaborate upon in my later posts:
- It gives you your own identity.
- You are not on the mercy of the blogs provider and fear of getting your blog deleted or suspended because of something you did or didn’t do!
- Having your own independent blog site gives you more options to make money and earn online.
- The best blog software packages are open source and hence free and totally customizable! Your cost towards the same is next to zero.
- The cost involved towards domain name registration and web space is very less, that too can be recovered within a month or two by a basic blogger! (PS: Ask me for all such requirement you have!)
- You have the freedom to add a forum, shopping cart, create a community or do nearly just about anything you can think up from your own domain or blog!
- You can customize just about anything on your blog, the look, feel etc by themes & plugins, which are available free and again open source for you to modify.
- And finally as Mike put in “if you are actively working to get back links (and you should be) you will want those to go to a domain that you control. If you create a high PR site you have an asset you can sell.”
- A few more advantages, I cant think of now as I have started sneezing due to dust allergy!
Well, anyways if you get more advantages on having your own blog to add please feel free to put it in the comments for the community. Questions and controversies are welcome too!
Not long ago, a lot of businesses would think a zillion times before plunging in to an ad campaign. The choices were very few and costs were very prohibitive. After the dot com bubble burst, a lot of sensibilities have crawled in to the online world. Companies such as Google, Yahoo, Discount click etc are offering good & affordable deals to the advertiser.
Discount click for example deals in Search engine marketing, Link management and Banner ad serving; all of which are pretty important for any advertiser. One needs to explore newer and customer friendly service providers rather than blindly go in for the most popular services. Any ad campaign done with due diligence is bound to bring good results.
Do let me know if you have had good or bad experiences with smaller players in the market; for sometimes David can outdo Goliath!
- This is a sponsored article.
Here’s good news for all bloggers and webmasters! DclickAds an internet advertising services agency is all set to woo you with their Advertiser and Webmaster programs. Publishers are free to set their own rates for ads on their sites. As per DclickAds website “What sets dclickads apart from other forms of internet advertising services are 3 distinct features: Any Ad Types, DirectLink Technology, SmartCache XML Distribution.”
As an advertiser one gets to choose on which site or category they want to advertise. Click frauds can be eliminated by purchasing weekly or monthly ads! The advertiser has full control on the setup of ads be it banners, text links or the highly targeted embedded text advertising.
Publishers visit here. Advertisers visit here.
- This is a sponsored review.
When I started www.sharmasblog.com, there were a lot of things going on in my mind. What to write? When to write?! et all. As I write this tenth blog post, I am encouraged by a few things:
- A small amount of money I made!
- I finally got something creative to do apart from my business!
- Got an informal place to catch up with my customers and friends.
- I get to help people to make money online, genuinely.
- Interact with a band of bloggers and be called one!
There are a lot more advantages I find out of blogging, but I wouldn’t want to pump all of them here in one go and take a toll on your patience! In fact I am planning to go full steam with what I intended to do part-time. Me thinks I should start a section on the city I live & love – Bangalore! Also in the pipeline is a section of forwarded mails and SMS! Generally, they are an annoyance, but some of them are really good, encouraging or just entertaining!
Click here to Make Money with Text Link Ads Now!
Yes! You can Publish Text Link Ads and make money off your website!! I do and I will let you know the figures and more tips on optimization soon. Keep in touch!
1. Submit your site to be approved into the publisher program.
2. Insert the ad code provided on your website. You need not be a web programmer for this!
3. TLA sells Text Link Ads off your website that look like the ones here under the ‘Good Links’ section on your rignt.
4. YOU can choose to approve or deny any Text Link Ads sold prior to the links being published on your website. This ensures that only quality and relevant links appear on your website.
5. You make money. Sales, invoicing, and customer service are all handled by TLA. You can receive payment via check or PayPal. Payments are sent to publishers the first of every month with a $25 minimum payout.
- You receive 50% of the sale price for each text link ad sold off your website through the TLA system.
- The ad serving technology currently supports websites that use server-side processing. This includes any site that uses PHP, ASP, PERL, Ruby on Rails, etc. Most forum and blog software packages are compatible with the technology.
- YES, you can display Text Link Ads on the same page with Google AdSense, Yahoo! Publisher Network, and other contextually served ads. The Text Link Ads product is not a pay per click or contextually served ad system.
Sign Up To Publish Text Link Ads